Greetings IL Shop Owners,
AASP-IL is working for you! We are excited to announce the re-launch of our statewide trade association.
Thank you for your support to AASP-IL over the years. We are grateful for your membership and without it, we would not have an organization. Current initiatives include:
- Providing resources to help shops collect more money on claims
- Raising awareness of time-saving industry tools
- Cultivating secondary and post-secondary outreach programs and employer recruiting tools
- Sustaining relationships with suppliers and educators
- Collaborating with auto manufacturers and new car dealers
- Researching EV legislation on safe and proper repair and recycling
- Provided professional development resources at our 2022 Annual Meeting. Speakers included: Mike Anderson of Collision Advice; Susanna Gotsch of CCC Information Services, and Danny Gredinberg of Database Enhancement Gateway (DEG, https://degweb.org/).
- Hired a dynamic Executive Director, Julie Lombardo, to revitalize our organization and member value offerings.
- Held our Annual Golf Outing, offering members and sponsors a time of fun. The Golf Outing allowed us to provide a $6,000 donation to our 2022 charity of choice, Misericordia, Heart of Mercy, a community of care for persons with mild to profound developmental disabilities.
- Partnered with the Collision Repair Education Foundation (CREF) to support collision repair educational programs, schools, and students.
- Legal Webinar Series, by Patrick J. McGuire, Esq., is designed to give owners and managers of shops a cost-effective, convenient way to learn the requirements of current law with a focus on practical, day-to-day issues.
- Annual Meeting with Keynote Speaker, Mike Singletary, NFL Hall of Famer, and Mike Anderson of Collision Advice. Our Annual Meeting also offers exhibitors and is focused to provide you with actionable business development ideas. SAVE THE DATE: 3/4/23 in Naperville, IL @ NIU
- Student Shop Hop to connect students with prospective employers.
- Annual Golf Outing, to help provide a day of fellowship and fun for our hardworking members and vendors.
Independent shop owners face many obstacles in today’s business climate to remain competitive:
- Escalating management time investment on claims administration
- Stagnating allowances for labor rate reimbursement
- Shrinking pool of interested & qualified candidates
- Increasing capital investment costs
- Consolidating landscape of shops
- Advancing technology
AASP IL brings in the best and brightest speakers, consultants, OEM’s and suppliers to set the standard for quality in our industry. AASP IL Membership benefits include savings from a select group of providers to drive results for businesses. Becoming a member of AASP IL means being committed to higher standards and a level of pride and professionalism.
Please join or renew your AASP IL membership today. We welcome your input and want to serve your interests. We are stronger together.
Yours in Quality,
Owner of Erie-LaSalle Body Shop & Car Care Centers
P.S. One of our Partner Associations, Society of Collision Repair Specialists (SCRS) completed a Blend Study on August 25-28, 2022. To quote SCRS Board Member and one of our AASP IL Members, Dominic Martino, of Gold Coast Auto Body in Chicago, “This is the most important study that the industry has ever independently completed to help ALL within the collision repair industry to be fairly compensated for the difficult work that we all do.” Please be sure to read the full report of the Blend Study, which can be found requested here. “The conclusions of this study indicated that blending, on average, took 31.59% more time than a full refinish, rather than the 50% less time allocated in the three IP estimating systems.”
SPECIAL PROMOTIONAL OFFER
PAID MEMBERSHIP BY 12/31/22 AND RECEIVE 3 MONTHS FREE IN 2023
Renewal Fees billed annually, due January 1st
- Regular Member, $300.00 (normally $400.00)
- Associate Member, $300.00 (normally $400.00)
- Educational Member, $187.50 (normally $250.00)
- Student Member, $18.75 (normally $25.00)